- Larry Klayman"How is it that conservatives generally believe in 'life,' but are very willing to allow a corrupt and hugely flawed court system to condemn someone to death?"
- Ron PaulFor federal purposes I no longer believe in the death penalty. I believe it has been issued unjustly.
- Roy Brown"The sad truth about the death penalty is it is much more expensive. The courts do not disperse justice equally. It is not a deterrent. And sometimes, yes, sometimes they are innocent."
- Karen Pfahler"As a conservative, I celebrated the vote [to repeal the death penalty] as a reflection of our values to be efficient and judicious with taxpayer dollars and to rid our government of programs that don’t work."
- George F. Will"Conservatives, especially, should draw this lesson...capital punishment, like the rest of the criminal justice system, is a government program, so skepticism is in order. "
- John Feehery"Once you kill the accused, you can't really turn back the clock. If the system turns out to be wrong, as it does on occasion, saying you are sorry doesn't do much good. "
- Richard Viguerie"Conservatives have every reason to believe the death penalty system is no different from any politicized, costly, inefficient, bureaucratic, government-run operation, which we conservatives know are rife with injustice. But here the end result is the end of someone's life."
- Gary MarbutThe government does not and should not possess the ability to kill people for retribution or restoration.
- Christy ClarkIt is time for Conservatives to do what they do best and insist that a wasteful inefficient government program gets off the books.
Bringing an end to the death penalty is no longer an issue that appeals only to Democrats. Many Republicans in Montana and across the country are waking up to the fact that our death penalty system is irreparably broken and that life without parole is a much better alternative. Around this site we have several reasons that conservatives should oppose the death penalty.